Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Birthday "Boy"

It's David's birthday today, and Oliver and Jens served him breakfast and coffee in bed. Clever boys :) As he is a big Tottenham Hotspur fan, we surprised him with tickets for the Tottenham V Inter Milan game coming up this Thursday. We're going all 4 of us, so hopefully it will be fun (and really hope Tottenham will win!!) :)

As I love making marzipan cakes, making one for David was a matter of course. We decorated it with the Tottenham emblem, and Jens and Oliver helped me to press out marzipan stars and placed them around the emblem :) The emblem wasn't the easiest thing to make...think I'll go for a pre-fabricated one next time!;)

Tottenham are playing Arsenal this afternoon, so fingers crossed that they'll win, would really top his day! If not, at least he's got several other presents to happy be about!:)  (not too sure David will look at it the same way I do) ;)



"Coys" is an acronym for "come on you Spurs"





After a quiet morning, followed by a 2 hour long football match in the park (me and Jens versus David and Oliver), it was time for some cake :)


Cake filled with Raspberry jam and cream


David absolutely H-A-T-E-S being photographed, so this is pretty much the only recent photo I have of us together




Cake in the making...


I started baking marzipan cakes around a year ago, before that I had never made one. I don't even like cake myself, but I got hooked, and now I've got my first order!(!!!) Yes, I was shocked when a mum from school came up to me and asked if I could make a cake for her daughter's birthday party!! But of course I said yes :), and as the cake is due to be delivered in a few weeks, David's birthday was a good opportunity for me to practice some cake-baking :)

Here's the other cakes I've baked..hopefully I'll just get better and better at it!



After the football match, we're heading to a local Indian restaurant, yuuummy!!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

SolgunnX

No comments: