Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Something warming

What a freezing wintery day!! After a morning run with Jens (pat on the back) ;), it was SO nice with a hot, long shower!!
The wind was bitter, so I decided to make a warm soup for dinner. Such an easy thing to do, and I love the taste! It's also super healthy, low in carbs and calories!


I normally use chicken in my soups, but as I didn't have any at home today, I used minced beef instead...doesn't really matter what you use, but it's always good to add some protein!
What's good about soups, is that you can use whatever vegetables you have in your fridge. Today I used peppers, leek, red onion, courgettes, mushrooms, tomatoes, a few carrots (just a couple-they're high in carbs), broccoli and cauliflower.



Just chop it all up. I fried the mince together with the onions and mushrooms first, and then added everything else, poured over a couple of liters of water and added stock and chilli powder as I like my food hot (didn't have fresh chillies). 








In under an hour of simmering, it's all done! So easy, and even better, it will last me for days!
I added some miracle noodles at the end and served with a dash of creme fraiche and some cress my boys have grown at home :)


Info about miracle noodles; Shirataki pasta is made from only the almost calorie free natural fibre of a native asian vegetable.
Low in carbs AND calories!! In the UK you can  buy them over the internet, or in shops like Holland & Barrett


SolgunnX

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Må bare få skryte litt av bloggen deres. Fant den ved en tilfeldighet og følger nå trofast. Liker godt den mixen mellom mote-hverdagsliv-mat, helt klart min favorittblogg. Dere tar i tillegg gode bilder og skriver godt. :-)
Keep up the good work! Og god helg!

Klem trofast leser

LondonWives said...

Hei!!

Tusen hjertelig takk for den hyggelige kommentaren!! Må si det gjør oss veldig glade, og super motiverte til å fortsette!

Ha en super helg du også :-)
Og fortsett gjerne å kommentere, vi blir veldig glade for det! :-)

Klem fra oss begge to! :-)

Anonymous said...

:-)
Tenkte jeg skulle legge igjen noen ord istedet for å bare sniklese.
Jeg liker også bloggen deres veldig godt og håper dere fortsetter. Inspirerende mote/skjønnhets innlegg, og hverdag - matinleggene liker jeg også veldig godt. Ja, liker alt egentlig ;-)
Klem fra meg

LondonWives said...

Tuuusen takk, snille deg!! :-)

Vi setter utrolig pris på så fine tilbakemeldinger! :-) veldig motiverende! :) :)

Ha en super dag, og nyt resten av helgen!
Klem fra oss to i London by :)