Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Brighton

Brighton is a buzzing, vibrant and colourful city on Englands South East coast. Being only about an hours drive from London, it's a super place to go for a day out. Me and my boys drove down, but I would strongly recommend going by train (took us over one hour to find parking!!) Good thing we had a great time once we had parked :):) The famous Brighton pier is always popular amongst kids, with its fairground rides and games. The pier is the only pier in England to be open year-round.


Famous for its pebbled beaches, Brighton has a lot more on offer, and is popular with tourists year-round.
When the weather is warm, you can enjoy a day on the beach, especially as you can hire the deck-chairs for free.




We spent the day with our good friends Martin, Karen and Tallulah. David and Martin took the children for a run on the beach, whilst me and Karen headed for the shops! :)



A short walk from the pier, lies the hip and funky area of North Laine. Known as the cultural quarter of the city, it boasts 300 individual shops, as well as cafes, bars, pubs and theatres. We stumbled upon this amazing chocolate shop here, Choccywoccydoodah, everything you see in the window is handmade and edible, true art!



Chocolate artistry


You'll also find a handfull of vintage shops here, where you can find some truly uniqe garments, that is if you have time, and can be bothered to look. I found a couple of tops in this 60s inspired shop, 'To be worn again', which I am really exited about! Can't wait to wear them!


It was cold down there, snowing lightly all day, and I really wished I had worn my fur coat, but at least I had my scarf and hat on! :)







SolgunnX





No comments: