Search This Blog

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Taco pizza horns


First of all, I think the weather Gods saw my blogpost yesterday, as this morning we woke up to warm, beautiful weather!! :) :)


Yesterday I baked pizza horns. Irene makes this recipe a lot; they are perfect for the boys to take to school in their lunch boxes for a special treat.
Firstly, make the pizza dough;  about 1/ 2kg flour, 1/2 tspoon salt, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 sachet dried yeast and about 3 dl lunk warm water. Mix it all together in a bowl and leave to rise for about one hour. These measurments are only approximate, as I don't ever follow a recipe myself, I just chuck it all in. You see when the concistency is right.
Pizza filling; 500 grams mince, 1 onion, 1/2 sachet of fahjita or taco powder, 2 tbl spoons tomato puree and a little water.

Roll out the dough to a big circle. Using a pizza cutter, cut the circle into 8 pieces.

add the pizza filling (or any filling of your choise), a bit of cheese and roll them up.



Make sure to twist the ends so they don't leak.
Brush them with eggyolk, add a little grated cheese on the top and put in the oven at 225 degrees for about 10 minutes. Really tasty!




Now I have to continue packing. Not sure I've mentioned it before, but we have to be out of our apartment by Friday. We are moving to my parents-in-law for a few weeks, until the school term finishes 21st June. Then I am taking my boys to Norway for a month or so whilst David is back in London working, and finding us a new, bigger house to live in. :) We need a new house ready by the start of August when we're coming back to England! Busy busy! :)

SolgunnX

No comments: