Search This Blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

Football cakes for football boys


Oliver and Aleksander are celebrating their 7th birthday party together tomorrow with the rest of the class. And as both our boys love football, they wanted football cakes. So there was not much else to do but to get started :)
And for an amateur cake baker like me, it's always fun to make something different.

Here I've made my blue eyed Oliver and Irene's brown eyed Aleksander as football players, out of icing. It is very easy to do, and the details doesn't have to be extreme. They just need to look cute :)



Two 7 year olds, with number 7 shirts - of course! ;)




Afterwards I cut out black and white hexagons, to create a football.





Oliver was also working hard, so cute :)



Oliver's result, a beautiful cow :)



I baked the cake, divided it into three layers, filled it with cream and raspberry jam, and covered the whole cake in whipped cream.


Then it was time to make the cover. I normally use marzipan, but Oliver doesn't like marzipan, so instead I used icing. I coloured it green to represent a football pitch.



Once the icing was evenly coloured, I rolled it out into a big circle, ready to cover the cake.



Next, all I had to do was to add my icing boys and football, and a little extra "grass" using icing sugar with the same colouring I used for the cover.



And that's it, a very green, easy football cake :)
I only wrote Oliver's name on the cake, as Irene has made a delicious chocolate cake and written Aleksander's name on that one. That way they get one cake each, and the guests have the choice between chocolate or cream cake :)



Oliver loved it, and is very exited about the birthday party tomorrow! All in all a very happy boy :)



SolgunnX

No comments: