Search This Blog

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Low carb homemade bread

Good morning!

It is a stunning morning here i London. I woke up in "shock" ;), having two neighbour girls banging on the door, wanting to play with my youngest son :) ..they are so sweet! :) We got dressed in a hurry so that he could play with them for a short while before his weekly football session started :)

I am on a low carb diet. Eating low carb foods really works for me, as I get severe stomach ache if I eat too many carbs. Today I baked my normal low carb bread, and I want to share the recipe with you. It is really good! I am not sure where I got the recipe from, as I have made it for a very long time now. Obviously low carb bread can't taste the same as full carb bread, but for me this is a good substitute.

Bread (norwegian)

-100 grams ground almonds (mandelmel/malte mandler)
-70 grams ground flaxseed (malte linfrø)
-30 grams sunflowerseeds (solsikkekjerner)
-3-4 eggs
-1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Truvia (Sukrin)
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-Water, to correct consistency












Measure up and add all the ingredients into a bowl, stir well. The dough is supposed to have a sticky, creamy consistency.
Pour the mixture into a greased bread tin (I use a silicone one, don't have to grease that one), and put in the oven 200C/390F for approx. 45 minutes.

Let it cool, and enjoy! :)

Stored in a breadbag etc. in the fridge, it will last for days! :)




Have a fantastic saturday! SolgunnX


No comments: